The finger pulse oximeter is a small, lightweight device that measures the amount of oxygen in your blood as a % of its maximum possible saturation (%SpO2). It also measures your pulse rate (PR) per minute.
The AltoLab pulse oximeter is crucial for measuring your blood %SpO2 and heart rate while you are breathing on the unit, because it determines how much oxygen your blood is carrying. At sea level your top number should be around 98%. As you go to an altitude of 10,000 ft. it will drop to about 90%. When you go to 17,000 ft. it will drop to about 80%. Any number below 94% is "hypoxic".
- Worn on your finger
- Displays O2% and heart rate on dual color LCD display
- Displays graph in 4 different orientations
- Automatic shut off about 60 seconds after removing from finger
- Weighs less than 2 oz.
- 2 AAA batteries last for about 30 hours
- 2 year warranty
- DO NOT let your blood drop to below 70%
- DO NOT attempt to read the oximeter displays while you are running, climbing, cycling, or performing activities that require your full attention
- Oximeter readings should be considered approximate measurements only. These measurements are not intended for medical use
- Keep the pulse oximeter away from small children. It contains parts that may pose a choking hazard